[INDOLOGY] Wiener Zeitschrift für die Kunde Südasiens

Antonio Ferreira-Jardim antonio.jardim at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 08:28:58 UTC 2023

Dear Professor Silk,

Apropos the Journal Asiatique, I've had great success contacting the
Société directly to provide high quality scans of articles. The contact
email I have used on file (contact at societe-asiatique.fr
<contact at societe-asiatique.fr>) has worked well.

With regard to the pre-1991 WZKS volumes, I believe that it's likely the
case legally that unless copyright was specifically assigned to the authors
then it would be presumed to reside with the publishers up to 60 years
after the death of the author. The question is, would the publishers (or
their legal successors) enforce copyright if scans of the out of print
volumes appeared in the public space?

Regardless, it's wonderful to know that most of the old volumes are still
available from the STB at the UW at such affordable prices! Thank you very
much Prof Preisendanz!!!

Kind regards,
Antonio