[INDOLOGY] Manuscript collections on archive.org

Timothy Cahill tccahill at loyno.edu
Tue Jul 25 23:36:42 UTC 2023

Greetings,

   The  Lalcand Research Library (originally in Lāhore) of D.A.V. College,
Chandigarh has a large collection, some of which was previously available
on archive.org.  The manuscripts that I downloaded a few years back came
with a full roman transcription as well as translations. Current web site:
https://www.davchd.ac.in/lcrl

    A MS from the Asiatic Society of Mumbai was also available on
archive.org some years back, but it too has disappeared from there and
(likely) been integrated into their new site at:

https://www.asiaticsociety.org.in/index.php/holdings/manuscripts

This site requires registration and the payment of a fee as an annual
subscription.

   One note about the Penn collection: it is integrated into the worldcat
site, so a search for a book will also bring up notices of the Penn
collection, plus links that bring you directly to the digitized images.

Best wishes,

Tim Cahill

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 3:25 PM Dominik Wujastyk via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Deepest thanks to everyone who has sent me further links for the list of
> "Online Libraries of Scanned Manuscripts" at INDOLOGY.info.  I'm using a
> cheap-and-cheerful plugin for Wordpress that doesn't allow manual
> rearrangement of the list items.  So it's a bit of a grab-bag.
>
> Best,
> Dominik
>

> Dominik Wujastyk
> INDOLOGY list <http://indology.info> committee member
> *Please do not reply to me personally: re*ply to
> indology-owner at list.indology.info
>
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 at 13:23, Dominik Wujastyk <wujastyk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> already there, via Colenda.  What is the relationship between UPenn's
>> Colenda and OPenn?
>>
>> On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 at 08:50, Eric Moses Gurevitch via INDOLOGY <
>> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>>
>>> In addition to the already-mentioned repositories, Penn Libraries has
>>> digitized almost 3000 South Asian manuscripts:
>>> https://openn.library.upenn.edu/html/indic_contents.html
>>>
>>> Take care,
>>> Eric

Timothy C. Cahill, PhD
स:, तम्, तेन, तस्मै, तस्मात्, तस्य, तस्मिन्
Associate Professor
Department of Religious Studies
Loyola University New Orleans
6363 St. Charles Ave.