[INDOLOGY] Manuscript collections on archive.org

Eric Moses Gurevitch ericmgurevitch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 14:43:02 UTC 2023

In addition to the already-mentioned repositories, Penn Libraries has
digitized almost 3000 South Asian manuscripts:
https://openn.library.upenn.edu/html/indic_contents.html

Take care,
Eric

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 9:13 AM Matthew Kapstein via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> There's also a nice collection of Sanskrit mss. from Cambridge U. :
> https://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/collections/sanskrit/1
>
> The Gallica database of the Bibliotheque nationale de France also includes
> scans of many Skt. and other Indic mss., but I haven't found an easy way to
> globally search Skt. alone. Here's the general site:
> https://gallica.bnf.fr/accueil/en/content/accueil-en?mode=desktop
>
> And, if anyone cares to look up the details and post them, the Endangered
> Archives programme of the British Library (https://eap.bl.uk/) has
> scanned quite a lot of Pali and probably some Sanskrit as well (not to
> mention Tibetan, Mongolian, etc.).
>
> The Buddhist Digital Archives (https://library.bdrc.io/), though
> specializing in Tibetan, has recently branched out to include Pali,
> Sanskrit, and SE Asian languages, though I am not yet clear about what part
> of these additions are redirects to other databases.
>
> Matthew T. Kapstein
> Professor emeritus
> Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, PSL Research University, Paris
>
> Associate
> The University of Chicago Divinity School
>
> https://ephe.academia.edu/MatthewKapstein
>
> Sent with Proton Mail <https://proton.me/> secure email.

Eric Moses Gurevitch

National Endowment for the Humanities Postdoctoral Fellow

Vanderbilt University

eric.m.gurevitch at vanderbilt.edu