[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit courses at SOAS open to Associate Students

Lidia Wojtczak lw24 at soas.ac.uk
Mon Jul 10 08:57:26 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues,
I'm delighted to report that, starting October, all of our regular Sanskrit courses at SOAS will be online and open to non-SOAS students thanks to the Associate Student programme<https://www.soas.ac.uk/study/short-courses-overview/associate-student-programme>.

Sanskrit Language 1<https://www.soas.ac.uk/courseunits/sanskrit-language-1> and Sanskrit Language 2<https://www.soas.ac.uk/courseunits/sanskrit-language-2-0> each run on a term-by-term basis for the entire academic year, with 4 hours of classroom teaching a week (2 x 2 hrs., most likely on Mondays and Wednesdays).
These can be credit-bearing and assessed if so desired.

Having finished Sanskrit Language 1, the student will be able to work with simple original texts and Sanskrit 2 is mainly focused on gaining reading fluency.

If you know any students who might be interested in these more intense Sanskrit courses, please do ask them to contact me.

With warmest wishes for a lovely summer break,
Lidia

Dr Lidia Wojtczak
Lecturer in Sanskrit and Phonology
office hours and availability: https://calendly.com/lidiawojtczak