[INDOLOGY] 3-year position within the Qalamos cataloguing project at the Bavarian State Library

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 19:32:28 UTC 2023

Please convey my apologies to Dr Rauch for jumping to conclusions from the
job advertisement.  I wish the project every success.  I hope Qalamos and
MyCoRe give a relational approach to data capture and storage.  Once one
gets beyond cataloguing a few hundred Indian manuscripts, it becomes
exponentially harder to keep the data consistent and coherent unless each
data point is stored in one place only, i.e., in a normalised relational
database.

It is good to learn that MyCoRe makes data publicly available.  One
prominent application of MyCoRe mentioned in the Wikipedia page is the "The
International Treasury of Islamic Manuscripts", but I am unable to find a
working website for that project.  If anyone has a working link, please
share

And may I add that *any* cataloguing of Indic manuscripts is highly
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Dominik Wujastyk