[INDOLOGY] Lomasa rsi in a Himachali mahatmya?

Matthew Kapstein mattkapstein at proton.me
Sun Dec 17 10:32:20 UTC 2023

PS. Given the frequent occurrence of r/l and w/m variations in the region, I would not be surprised if the imaginary rishi's name originated with an attempt to transcribe someone's pronunciation of Rewalsar.

Matthew T. Kapstein
Professor emeritus
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, PSL Research University, Paris

Associate
The University of Chicago Divinity School

https://ephe.academia.edu/MatthewKapstein

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.