[INDOLOGY] Qalamos cataloguing project

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 00:27:40 UTC 2023

Dear Dr Krause,

May I draw your attention to the Pandit Project <http://panditproject.org>?
This public project collects and publishes information about South Asian
manuscripts, with live links to data-fields on authors, works, scribes,
locations and scholarly literature.  Perhaps you are already aware of the
Pandit Project?

It would be superb if the Qalamos data could also be provided through the
Pandit Project.  It is always a bit distressing to see multiple projects
duplicating their efforts, and Qalamos and PanditProject are doing very
much the same kind of work, collecting information about manuscripts across
multiple institutions and based on published catalogues.  If you are
interested, may I suggest you contact the director of the Pandit Project,
Dr Yigal Bronner, whose details are available on the PP website?

Thank you for your consideration,
Dominik Wujastyk

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk
<https://apps.ualberta.ca/directory/person/wujastyk>

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
,

Department of History, Classics, and Religion
<http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
,
University of Alberta, Canada
.