[INDOLOGY] Prof. K.D Tripathi

Lyne Bansat-Boudon Lyne.Bansat-Boudon at ephe.psl.eu
Sun Dec 3 23:37:45 UTC 2023

Dear Indology members, dear friends and colleagues,

With great sorrow I inform you that Kamaleshadatta Tripathi, Emeritus Professor
at the Benares Hindu University, passed away on 3d December 2023, at 6.45 pm.

Dean of the Faculty of Sanskrit Learning and Theology, and Head of the Department of Religious and Agamic Studies, he was also, for several years, the director of the Kālidāsa Akademi in Ujjain. He was an immense scholar, a polymath in such fields as Āgamic Philosophy, Philosophy of Grammar, Sanskrit Literature, Poetics and Aesthetics, as well as a very generous teacher, ready to share his knowledge with his students and to offer them the hospitality of his home, that is, of his family, in keeping with the atithidharma.

He will be greatly missed by many.

My thoughts are with his family, friends, colleagues and students.

Lyne Bansat-Boudon

Directeur d'études pour les Religions de l'Inde

Ecole pratique des hautes études, section des sciences religieuses

Membre senior honoraire de l'Institut universitaire de France