[INDOLOGY] News regarding National Mission for Manuscripts

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 09:26:33 UTC 2023

I suspect I am not the only one who noticed this:

>>The special body will be vested with the right to take over a manuscript
from a private owner based on the uniqueness and the importance of the
content. The sum to be paid would be fixed by an expert committee, the
concept paper says. <<

If you want to be absolutely sure that people will not share their precious
manuscripts, then threaten to steal them from them.

Jonathan

On Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 5:51 AM Anirban Dash via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Namaste!
>
> I am sharing a news of National Mission for Manuscripts.
>

> https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/government-planning-law-on-protection-of-indian-manuscripts/article67187706.ece
>
> Regards
> Anirban Dash

Prof. dr. J.A. Silk
Leiden University
Leiden University Institute for Area Studies, LIAS
Matthias de Vrieshof 3, Room 0.05b
2311 BZ Leiden

website: www.OpenPhilology.eu
copies of my publications may be found at
https://leidenuniv.academia.edu/JASilk