[INDOLOGY] Regarding National Mission for Manuscripts (NMM)

Anirban Dash brahmilipi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 16:06:11 UTC 2023

Dear Scholars and Researchers,

Namaste

            One of my principal tasks as the director of the *National
Mission for Manuscripts* (NMM) is to bring India's literary heritage to the
attention of South Asian scholars both here and abroad and to make these
literary witnesses of India’s intellectual achievements available for close
scrutiny and scholarly investigation. In order to do this, I am reaching
out to you, the scholars and researchers, who are actively engaged in the
study of Indian manuscripts.

            We at NMM are in the process of setting up a special website
that showcases the current scholarly work on Indian manuscripts by both the
international community and the scholars here in India. We would therefore
request that those of you, who work with these primary sources, send to me
a short video (maximum 8 minutes)  in which you identify yourself, state
your affiliation and/or position, and give a brief explanation of your
recent or past work with Indic manuscripts and manuscriptology. The video
need not be elaborate and can easily be made on an I-pad or Smartphone. If,
however, you prefer to present yourself and your work in written form, that
too will be appreciated, as a site will be created featuring the scholarly
work on Indic manuscripts. I would appreciate it if you could send me this
information at your earliest convenience, but not later than a month from
now. I shall be communicating with you from time to time to keep you
abreast of developments at NMM.

I thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.

Kindly send the videos to our official email: *director.namami at nic.in
<director.namami at nic.in>*

Yours sincerely,

Anirban Dash