[INDOLOGY] Revised Devanagari Font Comparison for rendering Sanskrit and Vedic

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 21:44:21 UTC 2023

The following information was given to me in 2021 about the Tiro Sanskrit
text font. Its essentially an extended Murty Sanskrit font.
The Tiro Devanagari Sanskrit font adds some more conjunct
ligatures to the Murty set—based on our own researches and also Uli
Stiehl’s—and also support for Vedic characters. We received some
generous funding from Google that allows us to open source the Tiro
Indic fonts, so I am working on those release versions and also
extensive documentation about how the fonts work and were made.
Harry Spier