[INDOLOGY] New Explorations in South Asia Research (NESAR): An open-access journal of South Asian Studies

John Peterson jpeterson at isfas.uni-kiel.de
Sat Oct 22 08:35:49 UTC 2022

Dear Vitus and Dominik,

There is another, new Open Access journal on South Asian languages now
which you might wish to add to your useful list - Bhāṣā. The first issue
was in April 2022. Just thought you might like to include it:

https://edizionicafoscari.unive.it/it/edizioni4/riviste/bhasha/2022/1/

Best,
John

Am 21.10.2022 11:52, schrieb Dominik A. Haas:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> we would like to congratulate you on the launch of NESAR and wish you
> all the best for your first publications!
>
> There can be no doubt that Fair Open Access journals such as NESAR are
> the future, since they are the only ones that include the entire
> diverse range of authors and readers in the South Asian Studies
> community.
>
> We are very pleased that NESAR officially supports the FOASAS
> principles. On our website you will now also find an entry for - as
> well as for numerous other FOA journals:
>
> https://foasas.org/#journals [1]
>
> All the best,
>
> Vitus Angermeier and Dominik A. Haas, founders of the FOASAS Initiative
>
> __________________
> Dr. Dominik A. Haas, BA MA
> Postdoctoral researcher
> dominik at haas.asia | ORCID 0000-0002-8505-6112 [2] |
> academia.edu/DominikAHaas [3] | @dominik_a_haas [4]
> ÖGRW [5] | DMG [6] | SDN [7] | WPU [8]
> DOC Fellow, Austrian Academy of Sciences (2020-2022)
>
> The Initiative for Fair Open Access Publishing in South Asian Studies
> foasas.org | contact at foasas.org | tweet #FOASAS [9]
>
> Am 19.10.2022 um 01:38 schrieb Andrew Ollett via INDOLOGY:
>
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> I am writing to let you know of the "soft launch" of a new open-access
>> journal. It is called NESAR (from ನೇಸಱ್, a Kannada word meaning "sun")
>> and stands for _New Explorations in South Asia Research_. We are still
>> working hard on the first issue, which will come out early next year,
>> and there are a few features of the website that will be rolled out
>> soon. But in the meantime -- and especially in advance of this year's
>> Annual Conference on South Asia at Madison -- I wanted to let everyone
>> know of its existence and encourage you and your colleagues to think
>> about NESAR as a possible venue for your work in the future. Here is
>> the journal website:
>>
>> https://nesarjournal.org/
>>
>> And here is a short article describing the new journal, its
>> motivation, and the principles guiding it:
>>
>> https://nesarjournal.org/articles/ollett-introducing-nesar
>>
>> If you have questions or comments, please feel free to write to me, or
>> write to the journal at nesar at nesarjournal.org. With all best wishes,
>> including for a freer and more accessible future,
>>
>> Andrew Ollett
>> University of Chicago

John Peterson
Linguistik und Phonetik (ISFAS)
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Olshausenstraße 40
D-24098 Kiel
Germany

Tel.: (+49) (0)431-880 2414
Fax: (+49) (0)431-880 7405

http://www.isfas.uni-kiel.de/de/linguistik/mitarbeitende/john-peterson

"Nós temos duas vidas e a segunda começa quando você percebe que você só
tem uma…" (Mário de Andrade)
"We have two lives and the second begins when you realize that you only
have one..."

Links:
------
[1] https://foasas.org/#journals