[INDOLOGY] Link to podcast

Ananya Vajpeyi vajpeyi at csds.in
Fri Feb 4 08:01:54 UTC 2022

Dear Professor Deshpande,

Thanks for sending the link. Enjoyed listening to your podcast. I knew
several parts of the story, but it was good to get a sense of your more
recent views and perspectives on Sanskrit Studies, Indology, South Asian
studies, Linguistics, Religion, and the state of these fields in North
America and India. You have been fortunate to work with teachers like
Professor Cardona and Paul Thieme and SD Joshi, such a great modern
lineage, especially in the grammatical traditions. It's also pretty obvious
that you continue to work as much as you ever did, retired or not, which is
really excellent for the entire discipline.

Of course some of us get to see your Krishna poems on social media, a
delightful sidelight!

Warm regards from cold, polluted and Covid-struck Delhi,

Ananya.

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 1:15 AM Madhav Deshpande via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> This is a long interview, but may be of some interest: The Sanskrit
> Studies Podcast: 7. Madhav Deshpande, Bridging Sanskrit Traditions.
> Interviewed by Antonia Ruppel
> Link:
> https://www.sanskritstudiespodcast.com/1759898/9933527-7-madhav-deshpande-bridging-sanskrit-traditions
>
> Madhav M. Deshpande
> Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
> University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
> Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
> Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India
>
> [Residence: Campbell, California, USA]

*Ananya Vajpeyi*
https://www.csds.in/ananya_vajpeyi