[INDOLOGY] National Manuscript Mission data to be put in public domain

Lubomír Ondračka ondracka at ff.cuni.cz
Sun Dec 18 10:10:51 UTC 2022

Unfortunately, the actual number of accessible manuscripts is much lower, not 17290. Far from all the items that come up through this search actually contain pdfs (e.g. a search for "Yogasūtra" yields six entries and only three have the pdf; similarly with other texts I tried searching for).

I think the problem is the metadata, which is quite messy. Not to mention the transcription of the titles, which is terrible (e.g., Gorakṣaśataka is written as Gorakxhaṣataka or Gorakāśāṣṭaka  and Gorakṣanāthabodha as Gorakxhanatobodha, etc.).

Best
Lubomir