[INDOLOGY] Padmanabh S. Jaini

Jesse Knutson jknutson at hawaii.edu
Wed May 26 23:04:23 UTC 2021

A truly great person and scholar. I have so many great memories of talking
with him—his candor, learning, and generosity all three beyond measure—from
the beginning of my student days to sharing an office with him 2010-11. His
life story alone was an education. He aged in such a beautiful way too: he
was so generous and accommodating as to give even old age a good name
(kṣudre 'pi nūnaṃ śaraṇaṃ prapanne...). His memory and example will live
for eternity.