[INDOLOGY] fire

Asko Parpola aparpola at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 07:56:45 UTC 2021

Dear Patrick,

The following studies discuss interiorized fire sacrifice:

Bentor, Yael, 2000. Interiorized fire rituals in India and in Tibet. Journal of the American Oriental Society  230 (4): 594-613.

 Bodewitz, H.W., 1973. Jaiminīya Brāhmaṇa I, 1-65. Translation and commentary, with a study Agnihotra and Prāṇāgnihotra. (Orientalia Rheno-Traiectina, 17.) Leiden: E.J. Brill.  376 pp.

Gupta, Sanjukta, 1992. Yoga and antaryāga in Pāñcarātra. Pp. 175-208 in: Teun Goudriaan (ed.), Ritual and speculation in early Tantrism: Studies in honor of André Padoux. (SUNY series in Tantric studies.) Albany: State University of New York Press.  Reprinted, (Sri Garib Dass Oriental Series, 163), Delhi: Sri Satguru Publications, 1993.

With best wishes, Asko

Asko Parpola
Professor emeritus of Indology
University of Helsinki