[INDOLOGY] date of death of Narendanath Law

Lubomír Ondračka ondracka at ff.cuni.cz
Wed Aug 25 20:17:28 UTC 2021

I would just add "approximately" 78 because the actual year of his birth may be different.

My teacher Dušan Zbavitel told me that when he visited Bengal in the 50s and 60s, many older, even educated people did not know their year of birth. There were no official documents then, so the only reliable source was a personal horoscope. But few managed to preserve it, as it was often destroyed in floods or lost by many Hindus when they fled East Bengal/Pakistan in 1947.

L.