[INDOLOGY] Preface to R. K. Kamat's Guru-caritra

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 21:51:26 UTC 2020

Dear list members,
Does anyone have access to R.K. Kamat's Guru-caritra that includes his
preface.  I've looked at some reprints of this edition in different
libraries but none contained the preface.  I know the preface exists and
that it describes the manuscripts he used, because  Antonio Rigopoulos in
his article "The Guru-Gita or Song of the Master"  mentions that it
describes the manuscripts Kamat used.

Why I'm asking.  I have a pdf of the Guru-gita from this edition.  It has
footnotes with variations identified by abreviation (for example m., dhu.,
pu. ) and I'd like to verify that these are manuscript variations and what
Kamat has to say about the manuscripts.  I don't know if the preface is in
English or Marathi.

Thanks,
Harry Spier