[INDOLOGY] Update onrequest for Les duha de Dhola Maru pdf

David Smith acchoda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 09:50:23 UTC 2020

The librarian of the French Institute at Pondicherry kindly informs me that
Vaudeville’s 1962 book is still available for purchase at the Institute.

I have now recalled that a revised, enlarged, popularised and less
technical, account of the Duhas is available as the final chapter in
Vaudeville’s *Myths, Saints and Legends in Medieval India* (O.U.P 1996),
with an English translation, but not the Rajasthani text of the ballard.
There is a footnote to this concluding chapter of Vaudeville’s selected
essays by the editor stating that this essay was first published in *Bharatiya
Vidya*,* Munshi Indological Felicitation Volume*, vol. xx-xxi (1960-61),
pp. 225-31. (It can be found on archive.org by searching for Munshi
Indological Volume.) In the Munshi Volume Vaudeville explains that that
1960-61 essay is an English translation of the introduction to her
forthcoming book, Les duha de Dhola Maru.

David Smith

--
Dr David Smith
Reader in South Asian Religions (retired)
acchoda at gmail.com