[INDOLOGY] new book just published

John Brockington John.Brockington at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 1 08:53:30 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to this newly published book:

/Oral-Written-Performed: the Rāmāyana narratives in Indian literature
and arts,/ ed. by Danuta Stasik (Heidelberg: CrossAsia eBooks, 2020).
The whole book as well as the individual chapters can be accessed under
the DOI: https://doi.org/10.11588/xabooks.530(for free download, or
print editions for purchase).  It is the outcome of a panel at the 25th
European Conference on South Asian Studies, Paris, July 2018).

I should declare an interest in that both Mary and I have chapters in it
("Showing what is not: the use of illusion in classical Sanskrit Rāma
plays" and "Stories in stone: sculptural representations of the Rāmāyaṇa
narrative" respectively).

With all good wishes

John Brockington

Professor J.L. Brockington