[INDOLOGY] Indian mathematics

jmdelire jmdelire at ulb.ac.be
Thu Jan 2 11:58:51 UTC 2020

Dear Valerie,

You will find, attached, a long article from the BnF (written, I think,
by Jérôme Petit) about Indian science, with an important chapter on
Indian mathematics. I also join a list of books and some articles that
are not in the BnF references. I agree with Toke about the utility of
Datta and Singh's books, it is with them, and with the help of Prof Guy
Mazars, that I discovered - as a mathematician - the history of Indian
maths (in the 80s ...). Of course, if your correspondant is especially
interested by some particular aspects of Indian mathematics, I have many
more references (hundreds of articles) at my (and his/her) disposal, and
he/she can contact me directly.

Best regards,

J.M.Delire,
Reader on Science et civilisation de l'Inde - Textes sanskrits (IHEB -
University of Brussels)
Professor of Mathematics and History of mathematics at the Haute Ecole
de Bruxelles-Brabant