[INDOLOGY] Getting contact details (was: Telephone Number)

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 22:46:38 UTC 2020

Dear All,

This list is not to be used for sharing personal contact details.

Prof. Cardona's email address is public on his university web page.  That
is the best way to contact him.

The correct internet protocol for finding someone's contact details is to
write to a common third party, which could be this forum, asking for one's
contact request to to be forwarded to the party in question.  So, I might
write to Prof. Cardona saying, "Mr Jain would be grateful if you would
contact him.  Mr Jain's email is XXX at yyy".

It is not correct etiquette to send an enquirer a third party's contact
details without their permission.

Best,

Dominik Wujastyk
INDOLOGY list <http://indology.info> committee member