Re: [INDOLOGY] sañjīva hell

Rolf Heinrich Koch rolfheiner.koch at gmail.com
Tue May 28 22:09:53 UTC 2019

Dear listmembers,
many thanks to all of you for assisting my search for murals or pictures
of the Buddhist hell saṃjīva.
Up to now there is only one instance, provided by Schlingloff (1963: Die
Religionen des Buddhismus, II, Abb. 3): a 6th century mural at Kizil
depicting the
saṃjīva, saṅghāta and pratāpana hell.
See here: http://mesosyn.com/myth3-18b.jpg
and here http://mesosyn.com/myth3-18c.jpg, where at the left corner I
suppose the lohakumbhī-hell is depicted.

Best
Heiner

--
www.rolfheinrichkoch.wordpress.com