[INDOLOGY] Fwd: AAIS - in reaction to

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Sun Jun 30 19:15:38 UTC 2019

No, it does not help.

It so happened, that in 1975-77, Prof. Lokesh Chandra  kindly devoted some
of his time to repeatedly try to convince me that my interest in the
traditions of Indian untouchables (sweepers and latrine cleaners) would
lead to nothing, at best - to bad history.

I do not believe Prof. Chandra was/is sufficiently qualified to judge the
quality of Prof. Verardi's archaeological work.

And: Prof. Verardi does not say that <ultimately the *Hindu Pandits* are to
blame for the decline of
Buddhism>. No, he does not,  nowhere in the book. But he points to the
group interests of the *brahmanas*, implemented, invariably, thanks to
connections with the sphere of political power, in its  manifold historical
manifestations.

Thanks, anyway,

Artur