[INDOLOGY] grammar question

Harry Spier hspier.muktabodha at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 23:38:58 UTC 2019

Whitney in his grammar (section 477 b) gives this exact example "A
case-form of a smaller number, genarally eka one is connect by na not with
a larger number from which it is to be deducted: thus, . . . .;most often
ekān (i.e. ekāt, irregular ablative for ekasmāt) na viṁśatiḥ 19· . . ."

Harry Spier .