[INDOLOGY] suggestions?

Jeffery Long dharmaprof108 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 14:35:23 UTC 2019

Dear Madhav,
There is a good, clear book by Swami Tapasyananda from Advaita Ashrama called Bhakti Schools of Vedānta.  It nicely lays out the various non-Advaitic interpretations of the prasthānatrayī.  It does not get to the level of detail of the padacchedas, but is a good introduction to the varied interpretations to which these texts have been subject.
I hope this is helpful!
All the best,Jeff
Dr. Jeffery D. Long
Professor of Religion and Asian Studies
Elizabethtown CollegeElizabethtown, PA
https://etown.academia.edu/JefferyLong
Series Editor, Explorations in Indic Traditions: Theological, Ethical, and PhilosophicalLexington Books
"One who makes a habit of prayer and meditation will easily overcome all difficulties and remain calm and unruffled in the midst of the trials of life."  (Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)