[INDOLOGY] Sciences and Tantra

Paolo Eugenio Rosati paoloe.rosati at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 13:16:22 UTC 2019

Dear Agathe,
Dear Matthew,
Dear Roland,

Thank you,

Paolo

Mail
priva di virus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Il giorno mar 9 apr 2019 alle ore 15:08 Roland Steiner via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> ha scritto:

> > Although it is not quite on tantra, there is a highly interesting
> > article in modern Sanskrit on the relationship between Sanskrit
> > analysis of poetic metre and Pascal's triangle. I do not have the
> > full reference available in my present location, but it may be found
> > in the introduction to the late Michael Hahn's edition of the
> > ChandoratnAkara
>
> The reference is found on p. 5 f. of Hahn's introduction:
>
> Naya Raj Pant: *Pyāskalena svopajñam iti prakhyāpitam pāṭīgaṇitatribhujaṃ
> Vṛttaratnākaroktaikadvyādilagakriyaiva* (“The arithmetical triangle,
> claimed to be his own discovery by Pascal, is nothing but the
> *Ekadvyādilagakriyā* as told in the *Vṛttaratnākara*”), published in the
> first volume of *Jayatu Saṃskṛtam*, 1:4 Vikramasaṃvat 2017 (1960), pp.
> 1-8, Kathmandu.
>
> Best,
> Roland Steiner

*Paolo E. Rosati *

*PhD in Civilizations of Asia and Africa (South Asia Section)Italian
Institute of Oriental Studies ​'Sapienza' University of Rome*

*https://uniroma1.academia.edu/PaoloRosati/
<https://uniroma1.academia.edu/PaoloRosati/>*
paoloe.rosati at uniroma1.it
paoloe.rosati at gmail.com