[INDOLOGY] online Sanskrit course starting after the summer

Antonia Ruppel rhododaktylos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 13:52:50 UTC 2018

Dear all,

This coming fall, I will be offering another online beginners' course based
on my textbook, The Cambridge Introduction to Sanskrit. Details on format
etc below.

When I wrote to the list to announce the course that started last October,
several of you who were using the book for your classes said they wished I
had started the course earlier so that they could have tied it in with
their introductory classes.

Hence my question: is anyone who will be using the Cambridge Introduction
to Sanskrit for their teaching in the fall interested in having further
online support (both from me as the teacher of the course and from my
course participants, whom I encourage to not just ask me, but also discuss
questions among themselves online)? I am flexible as far as the next course
start date is concerned, and also in how much work I ask of participants
every week.

If so, please get in touch with me and I'm sure we can figure something out
that is beneficial for all sides.

All the best,
    Antonia

ONLINE COURSE : BASIC DETAILS
- the course is for complete beginners
- it is free
- every week, an email is sent around containing the work assigned for the
coming week, combined with tips on how to approach the material as well as
links to the custom-made youtube video for each chapter, flash cards, and
any other available online resources
- there is no one centralised lesson, but students can ask their questions
by posting them to our Facebook group
- the course that is currently running is asking participants to spend
around 3h per week on Sanskrit; we started out with 500+ participants and,
23 weeks in, are down to around 200

--
Dr Antonia Ruppel
www.cambridge-sanskrit.org