[INDOLOGY] Suggestions for improving services of Asiatic Society, Kolkata

jmdelire jmdelire at ulb.ac.be
Sat Feb 17 05:11:27 UTC 2018

Very strange, indeed,

I visited the Asiatic Society in 2009 and received everything I ordered
100%.
On the other hand, there are libraries outside of India which have this
policy : the department of the British Library which was anciently the
India Office Library prevented me, some years ago, to take a complete
xeroxcopy of Garrett and Guleri's The Jaipur Observatory and its
Builder. I was authorized to copy something between a third and a half
(I don't exactly remember) so that I had to do it in two or three
visits. Very convenient.

Best,

J.M.Delire