[INDOLOGY] Sandhi and compound splitting model

Oliver Hellwig hellwig7 at gmx.de
Wed Aug 29 10:02:23 UTC 2018

Dear Jan,

thanks for the positive feedback on the word splitter. Hope it turns out
to be useful for our research community.

Reg. RV 1.1.1: The analysis does not imply that dhAtama is
morphologically derived from dA "to give", although one may get this
impression by the term "giving" in that line. "giving" is just a coarse
word semantic annotation of dhAtama, which is - it's meant to be coarse!
- not too far away from Jamison + Brereton 2014 ("most richly conferring
treasure"). Same for the English terms (if any) in other lines.

Best wishes, Oliver