[INDOLOGY] Continuing my Krishna Verses

jhakgirish jhakgirish at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 02:51:02 UTC 2018

Dear Prof.DeshpandePranamaami.Your usage umayaa and mayaa pleased my Mind.Sometimes mind looks for these types of usages and feels tension-free miraculously.Thanks,sincerelyGirish K.JhaRetd.Univ  ProfessorPost_-Grad Dept of SanskritPatna UniversityPatnaResidenceKolkata

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Continuing my Krishna Verses:
कविरुवाच -  “परिहासविजल्पितं सखे परमार्थेन न गृह्यतां वच: ।”The Poet said: “O friend, these are just jokes.  Don’t take them seriously.”
“अयि मे [मा > मे] मे चित्तं त्वयि संलग्नं मा गम: सकाशान्मे  ।” इति मे मे कुर्वाणो मेशो [मा+ईश:] मे मानसं हरति।। ४८९।।O Mā [= Lakshmi], my mind is attached to you.  Don’t go away from my vicinity.  The Lord of Mā, who constantly says “O Mā O Mā [मे मे], steals away my heart.”
उमया सहितो नित्यं हर: शेते हिमालये ।मयापि सहितो नित्यं हरि: शेते महार्णवे ।।४९०।।Shiva resides with Uma always on the Himalaya mountain, and Vishnu too with Mā [= Lakshmi] always resides on the great ocean.
चित्रमाचरणे तेषामन्यज्जानामि कारणम् ।सर्वेषामेव देवानां मत्कुणेभ्यो महद् भयम् ।।४९११।।I know the strange reason for their behavior.  All the gods are terrified of the bed bugs.
Madhav M. DeshpandeProfessor EmeritusSanskrit and LinguisticsUniversity of Michigan[Residence: Campbell, California]