Re: [INDOLOGY] “ideodiversity as a planetary value”

alakendu das mailmealakendudas at rediffmail.com
Wed Aug 15 14:21:59 UTC 2018

Dr.Houben,    I was delighted,as I went on reading your interpretation of IdeoDiversity.Since,being a student of Adwaitya Vedanta philosophy,I feel inclined to cite an instance from the world of Indian philosophy.Shankaracharya,the ingenious exponent of Adwaitya philosophy,had a deep respect for AkshaPadaGautama and Batsayana.While expounding the 4th sutra " Tat Tu Samannayat" of .Brahma Sutra by Vadarayana,Shankara didn't forget to mention Nyay Sutra( 1 12) by Gotama.The relevant sutra goes as follows- Tatha Cha Acharya pranitam Nyay Upabrhitam Sutram".        Regards,                           Alakendu Das.
Sent from RediffmailNG on Android