[INDOLOGY] Welcome!

George Hart glhart at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 31 16:09:07 UTC 2017

Hi Deven,

Thanks! I remember you of course as a grad student eagerly devouring the Sanskrit classics, much as I did decades earlier when I was a grad student. I am happily retired — don’t really miss the frenetic atmosphere at Berkeley too much, especially all the bureaucracy that kept growing and was more and more imposed on professors. But of course I miss the students and teaching. It will be wonderful to see you on Thursday, and Kausalya is also looking forward to it. Thanks also for the note about Carlos. Everyone who knew him misses him. See you on Thursday, George