[INDOLOGY] The Raj

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 08:49:44 UTC 2017

Since you said you have no intention to defend the Raj, I take the
intention of your post to be that the Chinese occupation of Tibet is more
cruel than the British occupation /colonization of India. I have no
intentions of arguing against such a view as yours in this regard.

Effect of Raj on Indian langages is there to see for everyone. Those who
argue in favor of Raj might bring in the benefits the knowledge of English
is giving to the Indian migrants to English speaking countries. But the
adverse effect that rule had on Indian languages is there to be seen now.

Apart from these, the ill effects of colonization, attempts to decolonize
during and after colonization by the colonized countries etc. are worldwide
phenomena and are not limited to India and are well studied rigorously
during after colonization. There is no need to harp in favor or against
that now.

--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.