[INDOLOGY] MR Kale biodata

Ashok Aklujkar ashok.aklujkar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 05:55:34 UTC 2017

> On Jun 27, 2017, at 2:11 AM, Jesse Knutson via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>
>> MR Kale effectively changed my life. I have to get to know about him. Perhaps if we hit a dead-end, I’ll one day go to the U of Bombay Skt department and ask some of the senior faculty about him.<

Given that M.R. Kale had only a BA degree to his credit and was not engaged in original historical research, it is unlikely that he taught at a university; he is more likely to have been a high school or college teacher.

Many of the first editions of his works came from the publishing house of Keshav Bhikaji Dhawale (केशव भिकाजी ढवळे). The house still exists in Shree/Shri Samantha Sadan, Girgaon, Mumbai 400,004 (more details can probably be had by googling and by using Facebook). I visited it a couple of years ago. Nowadays it concentrates on publishing devotional/religious Marathi literature. Its old records may contain leads to the life of M.R. Kale. The current owner may also know where the descendants of Kale at present live.

a.a.