[INDOLOGY] Diacriticals in unicode, single or multiple glyphs

Harry Spier hspier.muktabodha at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 22:52:57 UTC 2016

Dominik also said,

>  IAST differs in small ways from ISO 15919, but is preferred by most
> working Sanskrit scholars.
>
> As far as I can see looking at the actual ISO document.  The only
difference between ISO 15919 and IAST for transliterating devanagari
sanskrit  is the letter for anusvara. M with dot on top versus m with dot
underneath.

Is part of the reason for Sanskrit scholars opting for IAST instead of ISO
15919 that the ISO 15919 document costs over $200.00 and is not publicly
available.

Thanks,
Harry Spier