[INDOLOGY] Word internal doubling of consonent ch after vowels in Rg Veda

Harry Spier hspier.muktabodha at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 23:14:25 UTC 2016

Dear list members,

As far as I can see in Aufrechts edition of the Rg Veda he doesn't do word
internal doubling of the consonent ch after vowels .  I did a search on
gach/gacch and yach/yacch and  yuch\yucch in Aufrecht.  But another edition
I looked at Max Muellers appears to do word internal doubling of consonent
ch after  vowels.

What do the pratisakhyas and other authorities say about word internal
doubling of ch in the Rg Veda?  Is it mandatory, optional or not done?
Whats the usual manuscript practice?

Thanks,
Harry Spier