Re: [INDOLOGY] Tīrthaṅkara w/ ūrdhvatilaka?

jacob at fabularasa.dk jacob at fabularasa.dk
Wed Aug 10 16:23:09 UTC 2016

Thanks for scrutinizing, Dominik :) It only adds to my own suspicions
(which are shared by British art historian Andrew Topsfield who has done
the most work on gyān caupaṛ in the past).

Also thanks to Patrick Krüger for pointing out the use of ūrdhvatilaka
in Jain painting, and to Paul Dundas for pointing out the relationship
between Neminātha and Kṛṣṇa.

Regards,
Jacob