[INDOLOGY] Mind and moon

Claudius Teodorescu claudius.teodorescu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 17:03:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

I think that the relation between mind and Moon is of correspondence.

This is a correspondence between two realities, one located within
microcosm (the mind), and the other located within the macrocosm (the
Moon). I this is why the mind is the microcosmic counterpart of the Moon.

I am thinking of the ancient Rishis exploring their microcosm in a
practical manner, and finding these correspondences, which they expressed
in written form afterwards.

Such a correspondence is to be found be mere spiritual intuition, and can
be proved afterwards by using analogies.

So, I think that mind and Moon are in correspondence, among others, because
of the following aspects:
1. *reflection*;
2. *fluctuation* (as Matthew nicely pointed out) - but I think that mind is
subjected to more influences than the Moon is, so that its state of
fluctuation is more complex that the one of the Moon; we just have to think
to the five tattvas, to the three gunas, etc.;
3. *seen / unseen* - just like the Moon, which has a hidden face, the mind
a ”hidden” part, which is the subconscious.

I am sure that more analogies or similitudes can be found, in order to
prove that the mind and Moon are in correspondence.

Claudius

--
http://kuberam.ro