[INDOLOGY] Rig Veda text and translation

David and Nancy Reigle dnreigle at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 15:47:42 UTC 2016

Dear Rupali Mokashi,

Unless you received replies off-list, it may be that your query from two
days ago was regarded as too general. Reading between the lines, perhaps
you are seeking information or recommendations for specific Sanskrit
editions and English translations of the Ṛgveda. Is this so? If so, such
information might also be useful to others on this list.

Regarding H. D. Velankar’s translation, as far as I know, his only
published translations are of maṇḍalas 2 (1966), 3 (1968), 5 (2003), and 7
(1963), and parts of others in various collections. I was able to find
three scans of maṇḍala 7 (but no other maṇḍalas) at Digital Library of
India, of which the best quality scan is the one titled, Bharatiya Vidya
Series Rgveda Mandala Vol.23 No.23:
http://www.dli.ernet.in/handle/2015/135247

Best regards,

David Reigle