[INDOLOGY] text memorization

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Thu Sep 25 12:39:10 UTC 2014

For Vedic recitational practices in general, and more specifically those of
the Śaunakīya Atharvaveda, you can read the introduction to my book
"Recitational Permutations of the Śaunakīya Atharvaveda", Harvard Oriental
Series, Vol 61.  I have also attached an article of mine that discusses
issues of orality and writing in the transmission of Pāṇini's grammar.
That may be useful as well.

Madhav Deshpande

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Charles DiSimone <charlesdisimone at gmail.com