[INDOLOGY] Sagar Journal Call for Papers

Sagar Journal sagarjournal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 04:00:23 UTC 2014

*Sagar: A South Asia Research Journal* publishes innovative academic
writing in the humanities and social sciences of South Asia, as well as
critical translations of texts from South Asian languages to English. It
was established in 1993 and is published annually by The South Asia
Institute at the University of Texas at Austin. Two years ago, we
transitioned to a peer-reviewed evaluation process for our annual print
volumes.

We are now accepting full-length research articles and translations for our
next print volume, to be published in Spring 2015. *The deadline for
submission is* *November 25, 2014*. Submissions for our print issue are
blindly evaluated by an editorial board of advanced scholars in the field.

Beginning with this volume, *SAGAR* will also be listed on EBSCO databases,
which are used for academic research by tens of thousands of institutions
worldwide. This will substantially enhance the visibility of articles
published in the journal.

Besides our annual print volume, we also publish online essays all through
the year. Online essays are blindly evaluated by an editorial collective of
UT graduate students in consultation with our faculty board. The editorial
collective coordinates all submissions.

Manuscripts are expected to follow the 16th edition of the Chicago Manual
of Style. Full citation information should be included in footnotes. The
entire article, including block quotations and notes, should be
double-spaced. Please remove any identifying information so that submission
is suitable for anonymous review.

*Submission types:*

*(1) Full-length research articles*: These should be between 8,000 and
10,000 words and should include a one-paragraph abstract.

*(2) Original translations*: These should be between 3,000 and 6,000 words,
preceded by a 1,300-1,600-word introduction that contextualizes the text or
excerpt. Please send a scanned copy of the original source text along with
your submission. If your submission is accepted, you will be asked to type
the original source text for publication on our website.

*(3) Online essays*: Online essays should be 1,500 words or less and should
include citations. Submissions with images, video and/or audio are
encouraged.

*(4) Reviews of archives*: Our archive reviews are published throughout the
year. We encourage contributions from scholars who have recently consulted
particular archives. Contributors should include information about archive
holdings, accessibility and fees, working hours, duplication, and food and
lodging.

Please submit electronic copies of papers saved as Microsoft Word file and
include a 150-word biography and publishable images with credits, where
applicable. Submissions of articles and translations received after *November
25, 2014* will be considered for the following year’s issue of Sagar. Send
all electronic manuscripts and questions to sagarjournal at gmail.com.

--

*Sagar: A South Asia Research Journal*
University of Texas at Austin