[INDOLOGY] Bergaigne [was: lexical query]

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 7 00:14:58 UTC 2013

The version in the CRAI is only a summary. I have with me a xerox of the book that you find on WorldCat (99 numbered pages...). I made the xerox in 1997 from the copy in the Widener Library (IndL 3011.24), only a stone's throw away from Tufts. The book was published as an « extrait du Journal asiatique »; in what I suppose is Lanman's hand, the copy I xeroxed gives detailed references to [JA] 8.viii.193f. sep. 1885; 8.ix.191f. fév. 1886, which you should be able to trace through Gallica; the same hand further refers to Oldenberg, ZDMG xli.508f.  1887 and Bergaigne, JA 8.x.488, nov. 1888.

Arlo Griffiths
EFEO/Jakarta