Re: [INDOL OGY] New E JVS issue: J.Rotaru on the AV Śānty udak avidhi

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 17 10:00:45 UTC 2013

In the interest of bibliographic clarity, it may be pointed out that this issue of EJVS comprises what seems to be a virtually unmodified second edition of an article that has been published a few years ago.

Rotaru, Julieta
2009 The Śāntyudakavidhi in the Atharvavedic Tradition. In: Shripad G. Bhat, Shilpa Sumant and Ambarish Vasant Khare (eds.), Śrīnidhiḥ. Prof. Shrikant Shankar Bahulkar's Gratitude Volume, Pune: Saṁvidyā Institute of Cultural Studies, 162–204.

In any case like this, it seems to me a minimal requirement of scholarly transparency that editors and authors make sure that it is stated clearly that another publication with exactly the same title exists elsewhere, and state explicitly how the two pieces with the same title relate to each other.

On an indirectly related note, I have just seen this fully online journal: <http://www.haujournal.org/index.php/hau/issue/view/5/showToc>. It seems very well done, and might constitute a model to be striven after for Indological electronic journals. Has anyone among us already attempted anything in this direction?

Arlo Griffiths
EFEO/Jakarta

Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:06:44 -0500
From: witzel at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Subject: [INDOLOGY] New EJVS issue: J.Rotaru on the AV Śānty udakavidhi
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk

Dear All,
we are pleased to announce the first issue of our Jubilee Volume, EJVS 20 (http://www.ejvs.laurasianacademy.com/)
The Śāntyudakavidhi in the Atharvavedic TraditionbyJulieta Rotaru
see:  <http://www.ejvs.laurasianacademy.com/santyudakavidhi.pdf>

Best wishes,M. Witzel

============Michael Witzelwitzel at fas.harvard.edu<www.fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/mwpage.htm>Wales Prof. of Sanskrit &Director of Graduate Studies,Dept. of South Asian Studies, Harvard University1 Bow Street,Cambridge MA 02138, USAphone: 1- 617 - 495 3295, fax 617 - 496 8571;my direct line:  617- 496 2990