[INDOLOGY] First use of 'Indology'

Warner Belanger wbelanger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 15:18:55 UTC 2013

A quick Google Book search got a hit from 1855. Types of Mankind Or,
Ethnological Researches: Based Upon the Ancient ... by Josiah Clark Nott,
George Robins Gliddon, Louis Agassiz, William Usher, Henry Stuart
Patterson, page 633.
Genealogy of the South-Indian Gods: A Manual of the Mythology and Religion
...  By Bartholomaeus Ziegenbalg from 1869 also got a hit, and it is worth
looking at it in Google Books so you can see Sir Monier Monier-Williams
bookplate.