Sanskrit transliteration

Al Collins nasadasin at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 26 21:53:46 UTC 2012

I haven't been able to master the technique of directly typing
transliterated Sanskrit (using super and subscripted dots and the crtl and
fn keys, as opposed to the capitals used in Harvard-Kyoto). (I can "insert"
diacritics one by one, quite a tedious process). Is there somewhere a
computer illiterate (shame to have to admit it) like me can find a
*primer*on how to do this (preferably step by step), for Word
documents and also in
emails, as to this site?

Thanks for the good will of friends or strangers,

Al Collins