Monier-Williams for IOS

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Sat Dec 29 15:40:29 UTC 2012

Am 29.12.2012 um 15:29 schrieb DiSimone Charles:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Sniffing around the app store today I found something that may be of interest to those among us using the ubiquitous iphone: a nice little Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary app.
>
> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monier/id580775858?mt=8
>
> Something to play with over the holidays.
>
> There are other (perhaps better?) ways to use MW on IOS, anybody have a favorite?

There is, at least, an alternative described on this webpage: <http://www.aupasana.com/stardict>. Disadvantage: it requires a two-step installation (first app, then dictionary files). On the other hand, one may use different dictionaries within one and the same application. Aupasana provides files with the dictionaries of Monier Williams and of Apte.

Hope it helps
Peter Wyzlic

--
Institut für Orient- und Asienwissenschaften
Bibliothek