Translations of Rig Veda Suparna Sukta (RV I.164)

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya200498 at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 31 17:54:55 UTC 2011

31
05 11

Dear
Colleagues,

regret that I forgot to mention the following study extensively dealing, inter
alia, with the relation between RV 1.164 and the Avāntaradīkṣā/Pravargya. A
worthwhile reading the approach of the author is marked by scrupulous avoidance
of mystery-mongering and convincingly establishing the ritual connection, with what
one may call a no nonsense approach without fanfare.

Best

DB

‘Transmission
sans écriture dans l’inde ancienne :énigme et Structure rituelle’

Jan E. M. HOUBEN

as

ÉTUDES
THÉMATIQUES 23

Écrire et transmettre en Inde
classique

Sous la direction de Gérard COLAS et Gerdi GERSCHHEIMER

École
française d’Extrême-Orient

Paris,
2009