Contemporary Sanskrit poetry

Thrasher, Allen athr at LOC.GOV
Thu Jun 2 20:33:04 UTC 2011

You could look at the Library of Congress online catalog < http://catalog.loc.gov > browsing the Subject Heading "Sanskrit literature--20th century" and several subheadings.  NB that the books assigned the more inclusive LCSH are not necessarily also assigned the more general one, though they may be.  So you will have to pull up the titles list for each heading.  There are also narrower works under "Sanskrit poetry--20th century" and subheadings.

I have not examined these and cannot comment on their various merits.

I think the LOC would have interlibrary loan relationships with Australia, though, to tell tales out of school, we are not known for our swiftness in ILL requests even with other American institutions.

A gratifyingly large percentage of these titles appear to be from the last decade or two and so one may hope they are still in print and can be purchased.

Allen

Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D.
Senior Reference Librarian and Team Coordinator
South Asia Team
Asian Division
Library of Congress
Washington, DC 20540-4810
USA
tel. 202-707-3732
fax 202-707-1724
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress.