intensive courses in Kannada and Telugu

Robert Zydenbos zydenbos at UNI-MUENCHEN.DE
Wed Jul 14 10:14:58 UTC 2010

Since a few years we offer "Almindologie": intensive courses in Indian
languages in a mountain chalet south of Munich, at approximately one
hour's travel by train or car from the city. This time the
Almindologie will last for 8 days. In this period, participants in our
courses receive learning materials, lodging, and three freshly
prepared meals a day in quiet, beautiful, peaceful surroundings that
optimize learning, without urban disturbances. The costs vary
according to the number of courses in which one wishes to participate.

This year we again offer an intensive course in Kannada for beginners
(August 2nd-9th, with 4 hours of teaching per day). Experience shows
that in this one intensive period one learns more than during a whole
semester of regular teaching at the university. The supplied learning
manual is in English, and teaching has till now been in German
(because all the participants till now have been German speakers), but
if at least a significant minority prefers English, it will be
English. Besides Kannada, there is also a first introduction to Telugu
(August 2nd-5th ) and an advanced course in Sanskrit (August 5th-9th).

As the number of participants is limited due to the available lodging
facilities, it is recommended that interested persons register soon.

More information can be found at http://www.manya-institut.de/almindologie/almindologie-2010.html
  or requested by e-mail at almindologie [at] manya-institut.de

RZ

Prof. Dr. Robert J. Zydenbos
Department für Asienstudien - Institut für Indologie und Tibetologie
Universität München
Deutschland
Tel. (+49-89-) 2180-5782
Fax  (+49-89-) 2180-5827